list of trophy winners for this year is to be found here.
One of the members suggested to the magazine
editor that he might explain the origin of some of our trophies
to newer members.
The first trophies to get the treatment
Alf Hammond Trophy
- - presented to the fastest 'Chesh' member
in the Open 50.
Roy Mills Trophy
- - awarded to the member who collects most
club run points.
Downhill Racer Trophy
- - awarded to the winner of the downhill
or freewheel competition.
- The Arthur Drayton Trophy
- - awarded to the junior time trial champion.
- The Brian Downing 'Man of the Hills' Trophy
- - awarded to the winner of the 'Brickworks'
hill climb competition.
- The Peace Memorial Trophy
- - awarded to the winner of the Open '50'